I love growing my own vegetables! One vegetable that I seem to always have an abundance of is zucchini. Growing up my mother and grandmother have always made zucchini bread every summer, I was always happy to eat it.
I know I am not the only one that feels the same so I wanted to share my zucchini bread recipe with you.
First I gathered all the ingredients needed
I then enlisted some cute kitchen helpers
Here is the recipe we used:
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 cup white sugar
- 2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-6 cups grated zucchini
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add white sugar and oil. Mix until creamy.
- Mix in brown sugar, eggs, & vanilla.
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until combined.
- Grate the zucchini and fold it into the batter and then add chocolate chips
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes in a 325 degree preheated oven
*** I make a mixture of white and brown sugar and sprinkle it on the top of the loaf after it has been baking for about 10 min to give it a little bit of a sugary crust.
Serves: 4 loaves
Our final product!
What are some of your favourite zucchini recipes?